Friday, September 27, 2013

Letters to my sons - Septemper 2013


September has been very busy for us. There have been lots of changes, new routines, and moving from summer into fall. I really haven't picked up the camera too much lately as I have put my time and energy elsewhere. I kind of miss that though, and need to get back to documenting our daily lives.

#1 - Your parents, by nature, are not early morning people. So, for five years, I have dreaded the beginning of your formal schooling. We talked about what we would need to do in order to be successful and get out of the house to make it to kindergarten on time. I suggested that we practice this new routine for a few days before school. This, however, was NOT and idea that you would even entertain and day after day you refused to follow the plan. Much to my surprise on the first day of school, you woke yourself up at 6:30 and did everything you needed to do to get to school. I guess you were right, you already knew the plan! You are loving school and your new teacher. You come home and make me play the games you learn from school or you pretend to be the teacher with your brother and I being your students. You are so eager to learn and so proud of your accomplishments. You are making new friends and learning to spread your wings. I really had my doubts about your adaptability, but you have proved me wrong. I have learned my lesson; you are so much stronger and more resilient than I ever thought. I cannot even begin to explain how proud I am of you.






#2 - You, my love, are enjoying having more alone time with mama while your brother is at school! We have been enjoying walks by the beach, playing at the park, and reading books. Oh my, how you love books! Your favorite series is the "Magic Tree House" and you gather up all of them in the house and stack them, organize them, move them from room to room. You study them. You "read" them. You know the titles by heart. You take a few of them to bed with you and "read" them in bed with your flashlight. This is another one of your obsessions...and I am completely okay with this one!



I really am so lucky to be your mom! I love you both more than the moon and the stars in the sky!



XOXOXO,
Mama


Please continue to follow the blog circle of "Letters to our Children" to see what my other talented mom/photographer friends have to share about September. You will find Melanie's blog here. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful letters, Sarah! I certainly share your feelings about your oldest starting Kindergarten - such a sweet time full of mixed emotions!! Your boys are adorable. I just love the last photo of them in their costumes!! :)

    ReplyDelete