Friday, August 30, 2013

Letters to My Sons - August

This past summer has flown by and August is no exception. We have been graced with an incredibly beautiful summer and lots of sunshine to play in. This month we have had a trips to the islands and the coast. We've been able to sight see Seattle with family. We have done our annual blueberry pick-a-thon complete with many readings of "Blueberries for Sal".

My first born son, in a few days your life is about to change. You will be entering kindergarten full time, 5 days a week. I am not sure I am ready for this moment, you on the other hand are. You are excited for new friends, a new teacher, new activities...and even homework! You had your last day of preschool this month and I am sure you don't know the finality of it. But, I know that you will do well with all of these changes.

You are on the cusp of reading. One night during bedtime, you identified every letter of every word on every page. This made for a LONG story time, but I couldn't help but marvel in the way that things are coming together. The things that you have been working so hard on and for so long are starting to come together. You also are trying to master numbers and counting to 100. This has brought up many interesting conversations about how many numbers there are and infinity.

Your favorite past time is making your own masks and costumes. Our house is a mess. There is paper everywhere, tape everywhere...and you have gotten quite handy with a glue gun. You even convinced me that you needed a needle, thread and fabric to make your own Iron Man costume. Oh, how I admire your creativity... your desire...your imagination; I hope you always hold onto these things.








My second born son, you amaze me with your kindness. The other morning the first thing you did when you woke up is to tell me that you loved me. My how my heart swelled. Then, the second thing you said was, "I love your sweetness." That had me on cloud nine. I love your hugs, your kisses, your cuddles. I will take them anytime!

Your favorite pastime is digging holes in the ground. Give you a shovel, and you can entertain yourself for hours. You are so proud of your work...and serious. I have got a large hole in the backyard which is ok since it is in your designated digging area. But, I am not sure what I am going to do with the mountain of growing dirt on the lawn. I can't  seem to convince you that we need to put it back. I guess, this too will pass.

One other thing that you just can't seem to get enough of is...puzzles. You really love them, although they frustrate you. You work really hard at putting them together and taking them apart. It is so interesting to see the advancement in your skills.






I think I am the luckiest person ever to be your mama. We have so much fun together and I am so lucky to be able to spend so much time with you. As I look back on our photos over the past few months I am overwhelmed with all that we have been able to do. I look forward to the adventures that await us in September and I am looking forward to having another amazing summer next year.


I love you more than moon and the stars in the sky.

xoxo, 
mama


Click here to continue with the blog circle of "Letters to Our Children" and to visit the very talented Nicole Herda.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful letter Sarah. I love all your images of the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the detail shots, too! Your boys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh..."I love your sweetness" ? I would have melted too, so sweet. Little boys are sooo wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete