Friday, November 29, 2013

Letter to My Sons - November 2013

In this season of thanks, I realize that I have so many things to be thankful for. However, I am most thankful to be able to share this life with you and teach you about your world. Motherhood is the most amazing gift.

L- You are so sweet and are wise beyond your years. We have been talking a lot about things that we are thankful for. For days, your standard answer was: "I am thankful for chicken" (maybe there's some confusion about chicken and turkey???). After helping me with some of the holiday meal preparation, you spontaneously listed off a bunch of things that you were thankful for which included mama, papa, your brother and lots of good friends.

You are still loving kindergarten. I have asked you many times what you like best about school. Completely honest, you said, "I like P.E. best. We don't have to sit still or be quiet." That makes me laugh because I was worried about my little wiggle worm even being able to sit at a desk in the first place. I guess maybe I didn't even really need to ask!

M- Your snuggles and kisses brighten my day. I love the way you ask to smell my cheeks. I love the way your skin feels on mine. I am so thankful to spend my days with you .

Your organizational skills and love for lining things up has led you to your newest passion. You LOVE to fold the towels! And, boy are you ever good at it. You actually shrieked with delight the last time I brought out a laundry basket full of towels. I intend to slowly cultivate these skills so you can help me reorganize the house!

I love you both more than the moon and the stars in the sky.

XOXO,
Mama



I am very honored to continue being a part of the blog circle "Letters to Our Children".
Click here to say what the very talented Nicole Herda has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment