Friday, June 28, 2013

Letters to My Sons - June

Another month has passed and it is time for the next installment in the blog circle of "Letters to Our Children". I am again excited to share with you moments of our lives as captured through words and photographs. Please follow the link at the bottom to see what my other talented friends have been recorded as well.

June has been a big month for us. The start of summer. Busyness and adventure. A trip to Idaho to see your uncle graduate. Getting a taste of rural as compared to our ever urban lives. Our first camping trip of the year with some of our best friends. Exploring the beaches at low tide. Tending the garden. More flights, more family. Long and lovely days filled with sunshine. Bring on summer!

#1 - My big boy. My how you are changing. You are taking on your brother's love for super heroes and now can't get enough of spiderman. As usual, you are crafting your own play. You are never far from a rope or a piece of string, for these items, you use for webs. You are trying your hardest to scale every surface in the house from the cabinets to the refrigerator with your sticky feet. I even had to buy some new underwear for you...of course, the spiderman kind!







#2 My little one. I love your cuddles, your hugs, your kisses. When either your papa or I need to leave, you are insistent on getting your hug and kiss (maybe a couple) no matter what you are doing. You have started calling me your "lovely mama" which melts my heart every time. Your sweetness, your pureness...well, it just exudes from you. You are like your papa; genuine.

As sweet as you can be, you are serious about this superhero business. For your 3rd birthday, you got a superhero puzzle book. It was by far your favorite gift. You study it. You memorize it. You have learned the stories behind the characters. You pretend to be the characters. You even tried to color yourself with a green marker to turn yourself into the incredible hulk. Too bad I forgot the camera on that one!







I love watching the relationship between the two of you grow. You are brothers to the core. You are each other's best friends. You play together, you wrestle each other, you teach each other...you fight with each other. I even secretly enjoy when you plot together for it shows me how well you can work together to accomplish a task. I hope that you will always have this closeness throughout your lives.



I love both of you more than the moon and the stars in the sky!

XOXO,
Mama

Next stop in this blog circle, the extremely talented Nicole Herda.

1 comment: